The 10th Meeting of ISA Technical Committee on Standardization (TCS10) held on Nov. 17th in Beijing International Conference Center, China,
The 10th Meeting of ISA Technical Committee on Standardization (TCS10) was held on Nov. 17th in Beijing International Conference Center, China, with more than 40 experts attending. Mr. Alex Baker, the Chair of ISA TCS, hosted this meeting and briefly introduced the ISA TCS works in the past one year, including the TCS9 in New Delhi, India this May.
During this TCS10, two new ISA Recommendations had been officially released, which were:
1. “LED Road Lighting Products in Cold Region - Performance Requirements” (ISATCS-SN-90012016);
2. “Human Factor Testing on the Index of Healthy and Comfortable Lighting: Terms and Definitions” (ISATCS-SN-70012016).
Three Working Groups of ISA TCS had made their working progress reports respectively, which were:
1. WG1: “Research Development of CycLED Program: Progress Update LED Recycling and Full Life Cycle”;
2. WG4: “Research on the Index of Healthy and Comfortable Lighting”;
3. WG7: “Recommendation on the Specification of Light Quality Performance Parameters”.
All the WGs would be required to deliver new working progress reports in the next TCS meeting.
Three new proposals had been raised in this meeting, which were:
1. “General technical specification of LED lamps and lanterns for plant lighting”, submitted by Dongguan Institute of Opto electronics, Peking University;
2. “Energy efficiency requirement of LED lighting product”, submitted by China Standard Conformity Assessment;
3. “Recommendation on the Color Shifting of LED Lighting Product”, submitted by Hohai University (China).
The “New Proposal Form” (NPF) and “ISA TCS Working Procedure Chart” had been drafted by ISA TCS Chair and secretariat, which would be distributed to TCS members for seeking their comments after meeting. All the new proposals in TCS10 would be required to fill up the approved NPF.
All the meeting PPTs canbe found at ISA member zone. Please contact Ms. Zhao Jin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the password to log in the member zone.